Sensitive Skin Retreat in Bali - October 30 to November 5, 2017:
Join Michael Huffman for this seven-day/six-night retreat in paradise celebrating our connection with and our ability to transform our skin's health.
- Skin Care Product Workshop I - Make your own natural skin care products for sensitive skin using fresh, local tropical ingredients like raw cacao, coconut oil, palm sugar, sea salt and avocado
- Skin Care Product Workshop II- Visit a local Balinese artisanal workshops to learn their techniques for making all-natural skin care products for sensitive skin. We'll learn to make facial products in class then have a spa therapist apply our products during a Balinese facial
- Skin Care Product Workshop III - Learn to identify and then collect skin-healing tropical garden roots and leaves to make our own healing skin care products: red, yellow and giant ginger, coffee, cacao, coconut, white and red turmeric, giant aloe, moringa, pandan, tamarind, jasmine
- Daily - Yoga class to learn the SKIN YOGA series
- Daily - Pranayama 'ancient breathing techniques' to calm the nervous system
- Activity - Nature hike through traditional mountain villages making coconut oil & palm sugar to obtain fresh ingredients for sensitive skin care product workshop
- Spa treatments - Includes two one-hour massages in a Balinese spa using organic coconut oil
- Taste chocolate at Bali's famous Chocolate Factory. We'll get fresh cacoa powder and cacao butter on the tour to make our own skin care recipes
- Two Balinese purification rituals - Includes both Fire & Water ceremonies
- Includes one day Juice Detox
- Two hour live sound healing workshop
- Daily - Anti-oxidant rosella tea to help detoxify the liver and nourish the skin
- Learn to make jamu juice from native Indonesian healing plants
- Balinese cultural immersion activities: Balinese temple visits, Balinese flower offering, etc.
- One Ayurvedic workshop with a Bali-based highly sought after Indian physican about the Ayurvedic medicine approach to heal sensitive skin issues.
- One AstroDharma workshop to learn the connection between skin and astrology from American, Bali-based Astrologer
- Half-Day 'Cuisine For Life' Culinary Workshop at the acclaimed Five Elements Eco-Luxury Wellness Resort. Living Food Theory, Demonstrations of: Knife Skills plus salads, dressings, wraps, rolls, pates, sauces & soups, Smoothie & Juice Tastings and living foods LUNCH
- Visit organic Coffee and Chocolate plantation to taste coffee and have traditional Balinese sweet snacks